Would you like to learn how to get Canada Permanent Residency ? The PR in canada process requires determining your eligibility for PR Canada, meeting set requirements, and knowing how to apply for canada Permanent Residency.
Please always know You can only apply for PR in canada through Express Entry if you’ve received an invitation to apply.
Your Express Entry invitation to apply is valid for 60 days only. You should start filling out the online form right away so that you can get all the information and documents you need before your invitation expires.
Canada plans to invite 431,645 new Permanent Residents in 2022 through several pathways.
- Economic Streams: 241,850
- Family Streams: 105,000
- Refugee Streams: 76,545
- Humanitarian Stream: 8,250
Table of Contents
Who is a Canadian Permanent Resident?
A Canadian Permanent Resident is a person who can live in Canada legally but is not a native citizen of Canada. He is given permanent resident status by the Government of Canada. A person with PR in canada has all the rights which are given to every Canadian citizen. An international student or a foreign worker living in Canada is not a permanent resident. Foreign workers do not have the privileges and rights that a permanent resident enjoys.
There are many Canadian immigration programs through which applicants can apply and get permanent residency. To earn a resident status, an immigrant needs to file an application to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). After completing five years of stay in Canada, the permanent resident card allows the immigrant to apply for Canadian Citizenship.
Before applying for Canada Permanent Residency, make sure that you have all the required documents stated by the Government of Canada.
Five advantage of PR in canada are:
- A 5 year’s multiple entries visa.
- A “family status” under which both applicants(spouse) can work full time.
- Free education for children, health and social provisions for the entire family.
- Opportunity to invite parent’s post-settlement.
- Access to the USA.
Different PR in canada programs
There are different PR in canada programs or visa categories available, under which you can apply for the Canada Permanent Residency visa.
- Skilled Immigrants Program (Express Entry)
- Federal Skilled Worker ( FSW)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program ( FST)
- Canadian Experience Class ( CEC)
- Start-up visa ( for applicants who have a business idea and need someone to fund it)
- Investors Entrepreneurs and Self Employed
- Quebec Skilled Workers Program ( QSWP)
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
Documents required to apply for canada Permanent Residency.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System)- to provide language test results
- ECA( Education Credential Assessment)- If you apply through the Federal Skilled Workers Program.
- Sufficient funds to support your application. (Proof of funds)
- Educational degrees or certificates, diploma degrees, sponsor certificates.
- Original copies and officially translated documents supporting the application.
- Age proof- such as birth certificate
- Employment documents- a Job offer, reference letter, payslips
- Medical and Police Clearance Certificate
- Travel document- your passport
Points required for Canadian Permanent Resident Card
For you to be eligible for Canadian Permanent Resident card in canada , you need to score 67 points out of 100 points under the points-based system:
- Age: 12 points
- Education: Max 25 points
- Work Experience: Max 15 points
- Language Skills: Max 28 points
- Adaptability: Max 10 points
- Arranged Employment: Max 10points
The minimum requirements for PR in canada are:
- You need to score 67 points out of 100 points.
- Your work occupation should be listed in Canada’s demand list.
- You to score good bands in the IELTS exam.
- You need to maintain funds in your account.
- You need to produce papers for your employment, Education, Language proficiency, etc.
Things you can’t do as a Canada Permanent Resident:
- Right to vote or not allowed to run a political office
- They are not allowed to get any job that needs a high-level security clearance.
Apply for canada Permanent Residency
The step-by-step procedure to apply for canada permanent residency is:
- Complete your Education credentials assessment (ECA)
- Get the required IELTS score.
- Create a profile for Express Entry and lodge your application the online pool.
- Register with the Job Bank (optional).
- Apply for Provincial Nomination program. (optional).
- Receive your Invitation to Apply(ITA)
- A necessary medical and criminal background checks will be conducted by Canada citizenship and immigration(CIC)
- Receive your confirmation of PR status.
- Finally, submit your passport for visa stamping.
APPLY DIRECT FOR canada permanent residency
If permanent residency in Canada is your dream, apply today for the process, become a permanent resident and live your dream!