Table of Contents
Job Type : Regular
Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States of America West Ashley
Orders, replenishes, and merchandises Specialty products and participates in regional programs for purchasing and promotions. Performs all functions related to breaking down deliveries and merchandising new products and stocking shelves. Assists Team Leader in organizing and developing promotional displays and maintaining OTS standards. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Purchases and replenishes Specialty items through proper buying procedures.
- Ensures orders are timely and accurate to monitor inventory turns.
- Understands why WFM products are different from conventional stores and explains differences to customers.
- Achieves and exceeds assigned / established margin and sales targets.
- Creates effective merchandising displays.
- Requests and ensures proper signage and pricing.
- Participates in national, regional and store promotional programs.
- Samples department products to customers.
- Oversees customer special order procedure.
- Processes invoices and returns.
- Maintains organized and safe back stock area.
- Analyzes and controls product waste and spoilage.
- Completes spoilage, sampling, temperature, and sweep worksheets as required.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership. Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
- Extensive specialty knowledge, including production, distribution, seasonal availability, advances and trends.
- Familiarity and/or willingness to learn about products, nutritional information and other areas of study.
- Working knowledge and application of all specialty merchandising expectations.
- Demonstrates a desire to grow with the Specialty team.
- Ability to educate team on product knowledge and convey enthusiasm.
- Strong basic math skills.
- Knowledge and ability to use computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and ordering systems.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals
- 12+ months retail experience
- Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- Where applicable, TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedures by Servers of Alcohol) course completion required and must be age 18 years of age or older to serve alcohol.
Note: The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.