- Job Type –Full Time
- Qualification -Have cryptocurrency knowledge
- Experience – 10+ years of relevant experience in AML compliance and investigations programs
- Salary – $144,500 + target bonus + target equity + benefits
Table of Contents
We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Compliance Investigations Manager will be responsible for managing and overseeing teams of Investigations Team Leads and Investigations Analysts that complete investigations for Suspicious Activity Reporting to the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN). The Compliance Investigations Manager role will report to the Compliance Investigations Senior Manager. This role falls within the Global AML organization within Enterprise Compliance, on Coinbase’s Trust & Risk team. This role will be broadly responsible supporting Coinbase in its mission to create an open financial system while ensuring that Coinbase remains the most trusted exchange. This will entail supporting financial crimes compliance initiatives, helping to scale the compliance team through a period of growth, managing elements of the Compliance Investigations function.
To be successful in this role you will need to be quick to learn the cryptocurrency business, have a proactive, enthusiastic and positive attitude, have a strong knowledge of regulatory requirements and best practices for AML compliance and investigations, and be able to work in a fast-paced and innovative environment. The Compliance Investigations Manager plays a critical role in ensuring the operating effectiveness and sustainability of Coinbase’s US Compliance Investigations Program. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail and results-oriented, agile, passionate about cryptocurrency, and have proven experience with managing investigative teams in an AML compliance program setting.
Job Duties at coinbase
- Manage teams of Investigations Team Leads and Investigations Analysts that execute investigations for SAR reporting to FinCEN
- Provide subject matter expertise on Compliance Investigations and Transaction Monitoring matters and initiatives
- Providing coaching and guidance on career development for Investigations Team Leads and Investigations Analysts
- Partner with Compliance Investigations Senior Manager and Compliance leadership on ad-hoc initiatives
Job Requirements coinbase
- 10+ years of relevant experience in AML compliance and investigations programs
- Proven people management experience leading teams of investigative professionals
- Extensive knowledge of BSA regulatory requirements related to investigations and reporting
- Strong compliance instincts and risk mitigation mindset
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and project management expertise
- Highly organized and adept at managing competing priorities, diverse stakeholder groups, and ambiguity
- Strong critical thinker and problem solver, with meticulous attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in cryptocurrency
A plus Nice To Haves for coinbase
- Investigations experience in the crypto industry
- Knowledge of payments industry and familiarity with different payment types
- Prior tech experience/start-up experience coupled with prior experience in traditional financial services
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $144,500 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
SPECIAL NOTICE FOR COINBASE JOB
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, participate in any in-person gathering (including offsites) or engage in business travel sponsored by Coinbase, you will be required to be fully vaccinated (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
METHOD OF APPLICATION: