Table of Contents
Job type: Full time
Role : deputy editor
qualification: At least 5-7 years of experience of editing.
About G/O media
G/O Media is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, The Root, The Onion and The A.V. Club, and reaches over 100 million unique visitors a month—more than one-third of all Americans. We connect with the young, diverse audiences that are shaping our future. Through fearless journalism, provoking comedy, and high-impact storytelling, we elevate the stories and issues our readers and viewers are passionate about.
The ideal candidate for this position has a broad understanding of the consumer technology space, and experience as both an editor and a reporter covering the industry. They have great contacts at all the major companies, and are respected for their fair and insightful coverage. They are equally comfortable working on an in-depth product review, a breaking news announcement, or broad coverage of a major event like CES.
You should apply if you know what’s important and what’s just hype; you can recommend sources and help young reporters grow; and you’re used to the fast pace of covering news on the web. You can smell hype from a mile away and expertly parse press releases and PR statements. You know what makes a great story for Gizmodo, and can guide our coverage with confidence and insight.
- At least 5-7 years of experience reporting and editing consumer technology stories at a major print or digital publication
- A strong understanding of the major companies, issues, and reader-focused concerns across the technology world
- Experience identifying breaking news stories and planning smart features
- Sharp editing skills, excellent grammar, and a strong sense of voice and style
- Knowledge of journalistic standards, laws, and best reporting practices
How to apply for deputy editor at G/O media
This is a position covered under the collective bargaining agreement with the WGA-E.