In this post, we will be discussing about how to apply for visitors visa in canada, canada visitors visa processing time, Types of Canada Visitor Visas, requirements for visitors visa in canada and as well as everything relating to visitors visa application to canada.
Table of Contents
What Is a canada visitors visa?
A visitors visa in canada which is also referred to as a canada temporary resident visa(TRV), is an immigration document that allows Visa office in canada to put it on your passport which will enable foreign nationals to travel to and enter Canada as a student, temporary worker, or simply to visit.
Also note that if you are not from a visa-exempt country, you will need a canada visitors visa to have access to enter Canada.
Types of Canada Visitor Visas
The two types of Canada visitor visas include:
- A single entry visa
- A multiple entry visa
A single entry visa is the type of visitor visa in canada that allows foreign nationals to enter Canada for one-time only.
A multiple entry visa is the type of visitor visa in canada that allows holders to enter and leave Canada as often as they want as long as the visa is valid. Visitors visa applicants are automatically considered for multiple entry visas and are only issued single entry visas under unique circumstances.
What Duration can I stay in Canada on a canada temporary resident visa?
Most people maybe allowed to stay up 6 months in the state with a canada temporary resident visa.
It’s necessary to know that at the port of entry, the immigration border services may allow you to stay for less or more than 6 months. Also note that once you are given a period of stay, they’ll put the date you need to leave in your passport.
Requirements for canada temporary resident visa.
Before you apply for canada visitor visa, you should note that the requirements for visitors visa in canada are:
- A valid passport
- Proof of good health
- No criminal history or immigration-related convictions
- Proof that you intend on returning to your home country (stating you have ties such as a job, home, financial assets or family)
- Proof of funds to sustain you during your stay
- Intended duration of your stay and temporary residence
The documents required to apply for canada visitor visa
Below are the documents a visitor is required to use and apply for a canada visitor visa.
- A valid passport with an expiry date exceeding 6 months
- everyDocuments to prove your ties to your nation country
- 2 recent passport size photographs with a white background having no borders
- The photograph must not be more than 90 days old
- A sworn affidavit or an invitation letter from your relatives, if you plan to live with them
- Medical clearance certificate
- Photocopy of your return ticket and/or travel itinerary
- Any additional documents required by the local visa office
- Bank statements to prove you have enough funds to live in Canada for a while.
READ ALSO : Express entry into Canada
How do I Extend canada visitors visa
If you’re currently in Canada and due to some circumstances you want to stay longer than your visa’s expiration date, you could file for an extension
- You need to be currently presence in Canada
- You need to hold a current passport that will stay valid for the duration of your stay
- You will need to pay the associated fee for Form
- You will need to ensure that any other permits that you hold (Study or work) will stay valid and not interfere with your visitor permit.
Canada visitors visa processing time
A visitor canada visa processing time can depend on which country the applicant is applying from. On average, visitors visa application are typically processed around 12 days. The Canada visitors visa processing time starts the day that the IRCC receives your complete application and ends when they make a decision.
How to apply for canada visitor visa
Before canada visitors visa application, there are three major steps to you have to follow to successfully apply for canada visitor visa. These steps include:
Step 1: Check if you’re eligible to travel to Canada
Step 2: Gather all your supporting documents
Step 3: The final step is to apply. I wish you the best of luck.